Re: #3:go

At 10:33 PM 10/2/96 PDT, Peter Wright wrote:
>I got a question for the old folk out there :).  When was this added to
>the core, it's been there for a long long time.  And from the looks of it
>from before the :*_huh verbs were implemented, that's the only reason I
>can see for this to actually be in the core.  Is this verb needed
>anymore?  Especially since I've rewritten the exit system on the moo I
>code for.  The verb just won't work anymore, I don't want to rewrite for
>this verb if I don't have to and the new room system has been working for
>the past 3 months without a hitch this this go verb came along.

well, I'm not exactly an "old folk" but I think it was because it was
originally an emulation of tinyMUD or some other MUD system that used 'go'.
Also it's handy to 'go' multiple places, like go n e w e e n, for example.
Think back to old Zork adventure games.

It's Brack, with the sig for the masses!     slayer@kaiwan.com
"This is not a signature." - Me 	      http://www.kaiwan.com/~slayer
*U@#(*EU#*#&$(##))(#*) - secret code  PGP key: finger slayer@sanar.kaiwan.com