Error compiling MOO-1.8.0p5

I get the following error when compiling 1.8.0p5.  The "sh configure" runs
fine with no problems, no modifications have been made to the files in the
MOO-1.8.0p5 directory (they're straight from the tar extraction) , the same
files compiled fine about three months ago and the sys admin for the system
swears that no system modifications have been made to affect the compile.

I'm running this on a sparcstation running SunOS 5.3.  As far as I can
tell, I'm using gcc 2.7.2, if that makes a diff.

The fact that this same system compiled fine before really points me to
something in the env that has changed, but I'm not enough of a C person to
be able to track it down.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-M

> cd MOO-1.8.0p5/
> make
gcc -Wall -Wwrite-strings -g -O  -c  ast.c
gcc -Wall -Wwrite-strings -g -O  -c  code_gen.c
gcc -Wall -Wwrite-strings -g -O  -c  db_file.c
gcc -Wall -Wwrite-strings -g -O  -c  db_io.c
db_io.c: In function `dbio_scanf':
db_io.c:65: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use this function)
db_io.c:65: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
db_io.c:65: for each function it appears in.)
db_io.c:101: warning: implicit declaration of function `__builtin_va_arg_incr'
db_io.c:61: warning: `args' might be used uninitialized in this function
db_io.c: In function `dbio_printf':
db_io.c:315: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use this function)
db_io.c:313: warning: `args' might be used uninitialized in this function
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `db_io.o'

Mind the gap.
R. Michael Young
myoung+@pitt.edu
http://www.isp.pitt.edu/~young