Re: Error compiling MOO-1.8.0p5

R. Michael Young wrote:

> gcc -Wall -Wwrite-strings -g -O  -c  db_io.c
> db_io.c: In function `dbio_scanf':
> db_io.c:65: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use this function)

You're probably including a header file (most likely stdarg.h) with a
line like

#define va_list __builtin_va_alist

with the expectation that the compiler will do something magic with that
special identifier.  Since the compiler is complaining about it, it's
probably a mismatch between the header files and the compiler.

It looks like the server comes with its own implementation (my-stdarg.h)
which presumably configure might choose to use.  If you were using that
before, that would explain why it used to compile...

--Ben