Re: Threatening of Gothic MOO

On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Christopher Scott Delaney wrote:

> I for one think it is an excellent practice to disseminate such
> information.

Explain to the list why the player is causing a problem and why they are
being thrown out, tell us their email and site, etc. There is no need to
show us a log full of nothing but insults that only demonstrate a lack
of maturity on the part of the player, as well as the ArchWiz in question.

> And, you have to allow for a little bit of banter
> accompanying the post

I mentioned the term "banter" while referring to the gossip on Diku MUDs,
not the MOO-Cows list. Read more carefully before you post.

> .. for pete's sake, if you've ever had your MOO
> crashed or hacked by some idiot, you are going to throw a little steam
> into your talking about it.

Steam has nothing to do with the filthy language of morons.

> I also think it's kind of humorous to have someone by the name of
> 'Ferretously Funky One' lecture people on maturity ;)

My sense of humor and love of mustelid pets displays a lack of maturity
and posting a logfile full of grammar-school name-calling is not?

Maybe I'm just not a "MOO person" because I don't get it.

-Melissa A. Durfee,
The Funky Wonder Ferret

                                _,-/"---,
         ;"""""""""";         _/;; ""  <@`---v
    ,/ / ;;  ;;;______;;;  ;;; ::,/  Melissa A. Durfee
    /;;V_;;   ;;;       \       /    finder@wna-linknet.com
    | :/ / ,/            \_ "")/     Dungeon Master of Finder's Dominion
    | | / /"""=            \;;\""=   the Original MUrpg!
 ;"""";
 \/"""