Re: chat room

At 01:20 PM 11/2/95 PST, Jeanne Davis wrote:
>Hi, have been lurking on the list for awhile and have yet to see this
>question answered.  How many people can be present in a room in a moo based
>on the LambdaCore at once?  My boss wants the moo I am working on to have
>an arena (read AOL) style chat room, which can accomodate 1000s of users.
>Could they all be logged into the same room at the same time without
>compromising the stability of the moo?
>TIA,
>
>jeanne@unix.swnetworks.com
>fofster@inch.com

I think that the more people there are in a room, the more time it takes to
pass a message to all of them.  And if I am not mistaken, there isn't a
suspend-if-needed construct in $room's announce, announce_all, and
announce_all_but verbs, so with the `1000s' of users in a room, it is likely
you will se out-of-ticks quite often...
Jason R. Mills
SunWizard@EnigMOO,AquaMOO,MOO2000,AussieMOO,Sprawl,Snow,Weyrmount,Ulti
SunRay everywhere else.