Re: Minimal.DB

>Pascal> The question is, "What is truly minimal?"  Some might
>Pascal> argue that LambdaCore is minimal.  Others posit that
>Pascal> ZenMOO (http://www.zennet.com/) is minimal, but which
>
>I think the concept here was minimal in the mathematical sense of
>operators.  Such a minimal.db would have the smallest possible number
>of objects, and those objects would be as simple as possible, such

I propose therefore, a core with zero objects.  This fits all your criteria.

>that a virtual world with evolvable dynamic behaviour could be
>developed from that minimal.db without recourse to "external" means.

Oh, in that case, minimal.db is much too minimal.  You would need a core
that would develop itself, since wizards, programmers and builders are all
"external" "means".  I wrote an AI program a few years back which I might
port to MOO.  I could even use it in the upcoming T'Hung'AMOO release.
I could also release the AI core!  Thank you for the ideas.
T. Pascal, King of Pascal    | "`Mother' is the name for God on the lips and
4527 Avocado St.             |  hearts of children everywhere.  Morphine is
Los Angeles, CA 90027        |  bad for you."
ZenMOO creator and maintainer|    Brandon Lee (R.I.P.) as The Crow
      t_pascal@{{[[cheshire.,bobcat.,bengal.,cougar.],[[cub.,blackcat.,
  cheetah.]math.]]oxy.edu},{[pc4.,pc5-1.,pc3--1.,cub.,zenmoo.]zennet.com}}