Re: Portable source form of MOO database

> in the hopes that I would somehow be able to create a function that
> would allow, e.g.,
>
>     @dig n,north|s,south to objnamed("Train Station Steps")
>
> Hovever, my efforts to come up with something that could be evaluated,
> would take a place name as input and return an object were fruitless.

Like in (t)csh, it is feasible to have substitutions into the command
line at prompt time-- that is, you could do something like that above.
Using a builtin I once wrote--do_command()--makes it one step easier.
Although I do not have the in-db code at this time, I could make
something that uses my builtin do_command() to process it.  Additionally,
I have, using do_command(), added the functionability to be able to not
only have a history list of previous commands, but to also retrieve them
or make minor changes, as I saw useful in tcsh.  I made it possible to
execute any command in the history list, append anything to the previous
command, and to make minor changes to the command, like this:

   @vreb me:tell tnt rdx
   I don't understand that.
   ^vreb^verb
   > @verb me:tell tnt rdx
   Verb added (12).

If anyone is interested in this code, let me know.

--Nate
natem@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu