Re: Porting MOO objects

There is a verb that I have run across on alot of MOO's that does this
and I have a copy even on my MOO.  Its called @autoport(on most places).
You do seomthing like if I wanted to connect to moo a, which that MOOs
address is moo.a.moo.a 7777.  And I wanted to port object #6.  And my
character was foo, and the password was bar.  I would do.
(I think this is how it works, it doesnt matter, it comes with help)
@autoport moo.a.moo.a 7777 foo bar #6
It uses open_network_connection, so of course you HAVE to be a wizard on
the moo that you are porting too, and you have to have a character on the
moo your porting from, and you of course must have read permissions on
the MOO your porting from.(You can port whole objects, verbs, and
properties).  THe problem is getting arutoport to your MOO. its some 700
lines of code I think, and although there is an install thing(to do it
from one moo and install it on another MOO), you would A) have to have a
character on each MOO that is a wizard, and B) I dont know how to use it.
-Hope this helps (David Matovich)