Re: Porting MOO objects

Defender (Bill Garrett <bill@yeehaw.com> writes:
>> Not true. Its a bit buggy to get working sometimes and it does have
>> problems with massive lag but all in all it works.. I've used it alot
>> porting stuff between the two of the moo's I'm a wizard on.
>
>Autoport's setup routine was kinna tweaky for awhile, but the version on
>RiverMOO (river.honors.indiana.edu 8888) has been fixed.
>I've been working on a more robust version of a porting system, contained
>on an object rather than in one verb.
>The version on River also checks to see if your MOO's nameserver
>processes are down, and warns you accordingly.
>I've used the verb successfully for a long time.

Great agreement here.  I used the new utilities to do a massive
port of several hundred objects and characters with great success.

What the MOO world needs is a correspondance database of MOO objects
between MOOs...

    /t

Tom Ritchford     tom@mvision.com   (212) 306-0414
Market Vision, 40 Rector Street, NY, NY 10006

Verge's "Little Idiot" -- Music for the mentally peculiar.
1-800-WEIRDOS           http://www.fly.net/~tom/verge.html