Re: Where'd MOO come from?

At 02:20 PM 11/3/96 PST, you wrote:
>I think your information is somewhat accurate....
>
>Essentially, the originator of the MOO code, GHOND? set up the language,
>and built the original minimal database. As an alternative to MUDS.

According to an interview with Pavel and Amy Bruckman that I recently saw on
a MediaMOO tape, the originator of the MOO code was indeed ghond, aka
Stephen White, and was originally running on a site in Berkeley.  According
to Pavel (in the interview), he made suggestions for improvements and was
given the source in order to make these improvements.  When he tried to give
it back he was told to just keep it.

Galen Meurer;

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index