From: moo-cows-errors
To: moo-cows
Subject: How to port the server to a new machine in a controlled fashion.
Date: Friday, November 15, 1996 9:10AM

    As an exercise, I'm attempting to port the server to a new
machine, namely, the much-vaunted Be Box hat is currently sitting
on my desk.  Now, it looks to be achievable, but I'd have to
make some changes to some of the networking files... name_lookup.c
net_proto.c, etc.

    The question is, how to do this in a controllable way, so that
it can be included with the standard source release?  I don't want
to just hack and make a new version of the source that will have to
be separately maintained!

    However, the standard method doesn't seem to give me a way
to have changed source files... it mostly appears to be done using
config.h

    What's the "government approved" method?  And, once it's done,
to whom should I submit the new code?

    /t

Tom Ritchford                        tom@mvision.com

    Verge's "Little Idiot" -- Music for the mentally peculiar.
1-800-WEIRDOS                       http://www.weirdos.com/verge

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index