Re: Large MOOs

>    My company is looking into the possibility of using a MOO for a large,
> internal WWW database/server. We anticipate the addition of about 10,000
> object a month (bug reports, customer calls, etc). I know of MOOs that have
> object counts into the 10s of thousands, but how about 200,000 to 400,000
> or more?
>
> What kind of machine are these running on (memory, processor, etc)?
> How long might checkpoints take?
>
> Thanks for any info or pointers...

Cold (influenced by MOO) can handle any size of database, being disk
oriented--and has proven itself to be faster and stable under extreme
situations and on the World Wide Web (several different web servers
already exist for cold including two online order entry / catalog
servers). If you are starting from the ground level its likely a better
solution.

A list of 'features' and benefits can be found at:

    http://www.cold.org/ads/

-Brandon Gillespie