Re: Jay House Core

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Charles Krause wrote:
> 	I know the evils of Wizzing a pre-existing programmer :) I was trying to create new characters for this.
> What confused me is that under LambdaCore I use '@set #NNN.wizard to 1'. Under JHC you get the message 'please
> use :set_wizard(); for this'. However there doesn't seem to BE a :set_wizard verb anywhere. Not on the utils,
> core objects that I looked at, or on $wiz. Eventually I DID follow the procedure above, and I think everything is
> working fine.

I believe this has to do with data integrity. All properties to be set by
another entity should be done via a verb instead of directly. I'd take a
look at the listing for @set on the JH core and I'll bet you find that,
under some circumstances at least, it forces you to use :set_foo. then go
ahead and do the eval instead.

*This article is a natural product.  The slight variations in logic and
*coherence enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way
*are to be considered flaws or defects.