Couple of questions...

Hello!

A friend and I are putting up a MOO and I was hoping to extract from some
of the infinite wisdom here on the list for some assistance.  I've
grep'ed through the Mb's of MOO-Cows archives throughout the past years but
can't find any similar instance - maybe I'm overlooking something...

(1)  When I compiled the LambdaMOO kernel (1.7.9.p2) I purposely disabled
the outbound connections in options.h as the comments suggested it would
create a severe security leak.  Just how apparent is this and what is it
limited to?

(2)  From reading the FAQ I've found that I do need to enable outbound
connections to enable E-Mail to be sent to player requesters.  Does this
interface automatically with sendmail or are there other configurations
which need to be considered?  (running Linux 1.2.8)

(3)  Also, is there a fix which enables remote host name lookups?  Even
requesting a character to be created from within the same machine and
domain, the MOO kernel reports that the host name cannot be resolved.

Thanks for your help!  (I'm sure I'll have more questions to follow -
forgive the MOObie.

| George M. Ellenburg | "Build a Bridge and get over It cuz Life's too |
| ------------------- |  short to Worry." -ME                          |