Re: Tiny problem with msdosmoo.exe

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, Martijn Grendelman wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 05:55:22 PST
> From: Martijn Grendelman <dent@win.tue.nl>
> To: moo-cows@parc.xerox.com
> Subject: Tiny problem with msdosmoo.exe
>
> When I try to run the .exe-file, nothing at all happens and my computer
> crashes. What should the output of the program look like ? Same as unix-
> version ?
> Should I specify a port for the MOO to listen on ?
> How do I log on to the MOO ? Is that possible without telnet ?
> Help would be very much appreciated !

When you run the exe program you put msdosmoo input.db output.db  there
is no port address to specify.  It will come up with the login screen of
the db, and you connect player password in the usual way.  So you don't
need any telneter.  However this means that you have to @shutdown the
server everytime you want to do something else.

Hope this helps

Trevor <I really need a new sig> Richardson