FUP's hard-coded limit

Today at MOO2000, we found two places where the 2048 (ONE_K * 2) limit
coded in the FUP routines inhibited our use of FUP.  The first occured
when diskbasing some of the $generic_db's, lines longer than about 2048
could not be saved entirely without breaking the lines up.  The second
occured when I started diskbasing mail.. When the length of the
directory names strung together (padding to make all the dir
names about equal) approached 2048, some dir's were lost to the
filelist() builtin, causing some problems when checking for directory
existence.

Now I know one solution would be to recompile the server with a higher
BUF_LEN limit, but I was wondering if any thought had been given to
removing the hard-coded limit altogether as Pavel has tried to do with
the LambdaMOO server.

--
Jason R. Mills
SunWizard@EnigMOO,AquaMOO,MOO2000,AussieMOO,Sprawl,Weyrmount,Snow,Ulti