Re: HTTP/1.0 Authentication

> If you want to impliment it yourself, just get a uudecode() builtin
> function, and uudecode the Authorization string, which is then of the
> form:

Server builtins are completely unnecessary for this.  It's perfectly
possible to use in-DB code to decode the Base64 string into the
username:password result.  In fact, I wrote exactly such a verb for the
BioGate web package currently in use by several MOOs.

It's really depressing when I see everyone always thinking "server
builtin" for every little extension which could be done just as
effectively in-DB and be far more portable and flexible..

-R
      Alex Stewart - riche@crl.com - Richelieu @ Diversity University MOO
                          http://www.crl.com/~riche/
            "Difficult answers lead to intelligent questions."

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index