1.8.0a6 kudos

Well, I've been running 1.8.0alpha6 all evening without any problems.
I really love all the new features.  My favorites are the
buffered_output_length() builtin which I used to solve a nasty
problem with guaranteeing that a client in fact received all its data
before the connection was closed on the MOO side, and the scattering
assignment, which makes parsing verb arguments so simple even I can
now do it.

Next I'm gonna try the binary I/O stuff, which makes it possible to
ship arbitrary data to and from a MOO.  This is a mind-boggling
thing to contemplate.

Kudos galore to Pavel for bringing these truly useful new capabilities
to MOO.  Three cheers!

- DVB

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index