Re: Wishful thinking

Intially, this is what we did. The primary problem with this is the
trigonomic functions from cartesian coordinates to polar coordinates. You
lose a lot of precision when having to deal with integers in this case.
And saying that polar coordinates aren't important, etc, is unreasonable.
Another problem we faced is calculating distance, sqrt((x*x)+(y*y)+(z*z)).
If the X, Y, or Z coordinate is greater than sqrt($maxint/3), then we have
problems.

For piloting an object through space, integers simply do not suffice.

Joe