From:  Seth I. Rich[SMTP:sir@po.cwru.edu]
Sent:  Friday, January 19, 1996 9:07 AM
To:  moo-cows@parc.xerox.com
Subject:  Re: That patch I had...

>> This code creates a builtin called sneak() (or it can be renamed).  It
>> allows you to input direct commands into a player (connected or
>> non-valid), as though the player typed the command himself/herself.  The
>> form is: sneak(player, string);
>
>This code is almost exactly like the 'do_command()' patch that has been
>floating around.  It is incredibly useful... PAVEL PLEASE INSTALL THIS!
>Perhps it would be better if the command actually work directly on
>unconnected people, instead of having to use $network...

I can't see a use for this.  Why would a wizard want to cause another player to invoke commands?  Can't the wizard write code that doesn't require this sort of game-playing?  (How does this builtin handle the callers() stack?  Does it lie to callers() as well?)

Seth / Blackbriar
Seth I. Rich - sir@po.cwru.edu                         no, no quote.
Rabbits on walls, no problem.                          it's far too cold.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index