Re: no telnet

> At the moment I do not have any telnet facility, although my dept. has
> assured me I will have by April ... ahem, ahem. As far as I can understand
> this makes me unable to check out more complete sister MOO's around the
> globe.

On some computers that supposedly don't have telnet, I've noticed that it
is still possible to launch telnet through Netscape.  That is, run Netscape
and open the URL telnet://whatever.moo.site:portnumber/
like telnet://lambda.parc.xerox.com:8888/
Although your department says they don't have telnet, I'd bet that
if you have a Macintosh with Netscape, then it has NCSA Telnet lurking
somewhere as well.

michael