Re: CRC

It doesn't have to be unique. it is just an error detection system.

All you want to do is put a marker at the end of the string, that will
be sufficiently different if a common error happens, to indicate that
the string/file/whatever, is no longer correct.

Error Recovery is NOT part of CRC.

Isn't a crc something like a checksum?

				Grey

GRAEME SMITH                         email: grysmith@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca