Re: MOO and VRML 2.0 ?

>Unfortunately, it doesn't have any MOO functionality underneath, and IMO,
>it, WorldsChat, etc, are essentially pretty IRCs until they do.

WorldsChat is not at all VRML...  there is a circle of staircases (all going
UP) ... when you go around them, you end up in the same place... I thought
VRML was a little more realistic...  It also seems that the 3d info is
stored on the local machine... meaning it cannot be flexible...  You can't
add new rooms unless all the users re-download the 4-meg install programs.

Moondo is a fairly good, featuring (unoptimized) VRML 3d, text and audio.
99% of the processing is done by the clients, leaving the server just to do
echoing...  I'd assume it'd be easy to hook this up to 1.8.0's binary stuff,
if only the client didn't echo the 'You say hello' text.  I've been talking
with the Moondo programmers... it seems that they aren't gonna change this,
meaning it will not be able to run on a MOO *sigh*.  I have been talking to
some other programmers though, to get a similar, simpler, faster and more
MOO-compatable client.  I will post if I get anything good :)

- Kipp