Re: Connection Redirection?

At 10:23 AM 2/22/96 PST, ThwartedEfforts wrote:
>At 09:48 AM 2/22/96 PST, you wrote:
>>Personally, I think you'd have to add a function to server.c to switch the
>>connection numbers of the two players in the linked list.  Not hard.  But
>>worthwhile or useful??
>
>Agreed.  I can not think of a specific instance where this would be useful,
>and in most cases, it would only confuse the user.

You bet it'd be useful, we'd finally have a su command!

I do most of my work as non-wiz, to avoid excess holes, and open up another
windows logged in as wiz when needed..

It'd be great if I could

@su wizard
password: *****

<do wizly commands>

@exit/@unsu/@whatever

And I'm me again..

Come to think of it, I guess this could be done pretty easily and more
sensibly with read()/notify()..

Um, in my best Emily LaTilla voice, "Never mind."

jesse montrose <jesse@spine.com> http://www.hooked.net/bin/jesse.home
After seven years, I was sent home to my family.  Little man, I give
the watch to you.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index