Re: Connection Redirection?

>From: ThwartedEfforts <abakun@scinc.com>
>Subject: Re: Connection Redirection?
>Cc: moo-cows@parc.xerox.com
>Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:23:47 PST
>Sender: MOO-Cows-Errors@parc.xerox.com
>
>At 09:48 AM 2/22/96 PST, you wrote:
>>Personally, I think you'd have to add a function to server.c to switch the
>>connection numbers of the two players in the linked list.  Not hard.  But
>>worthwhile or useful??
>
>Agreed.  I can not think of a specific instance where this would be useful,
>and in most cases, it would only confuse the user.
>
>Andy

I once wanted something like this... about 3 years ago on Lambda.  I was going to
use it for what later became known as 'morphing'.  See you have a closet full of
bodies, any of which you can put on....

Other uses:  advanced puppetry for RPGs, switching net server objects on the fly...

The uses are few, but generally fairly powerful.

 --Zachary