Re: Future of MOO?

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Brandon Gillespie wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Jackie Hamilton wrote:
> > So, I have a few MOOs I run, or would like to run again, etc., and am
> > wondering if there's any future in MOO - i.e., will there ever be a
> > diskbased version (and I don't mean FUP either), and will it ever offer
> > multiple inheritance?
> >
> > Or is MOO dead now and I oughta look at something else?
> >
> > I've been considering Cold, but the lack of docu and the apparent
> > instability are troubling.
>
> What causes you to say 'apparent instability'?  I agree that no system
> will ever be flawless, but I have run busy cold servers continuously for
> over a month without problem--only shutting them down to reboot the system
> it was on or upgrade the db.  Commercial entities are using cold for

I'm just can support Brandon on this way: Cold is may be not as stable
then moo, but it looks as it because it's less rought on the system
(sorry for my pour english). A disk based database are cool, the genesis
driver are wonderful, the only it needs, is a more mature db (Cold
doesn't have a big users pool as Lambda, means is development is really
slower).

But, by extension, starting a new core on Cold is a real pleasure and the
base of the current one is wonderful (just too much on-work objects).

just a little 2 pennies.

 It's not because my opinion is my own that it can't
 be important. So, we must think before talking.
Fabien Ninoles aka le Veneur aka le Corbeau
E-mail: fab@tzone.org
WebPage: http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/ninf01
E-mail me with "get pgp key" in the subject to get my public key
PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70