[NEWBIE] Info

With the recent flood of apparently newbie questions, I would like to
point the new members of our happy family to the following sources of
information:

First and foremost, you should read the LambdaMOO programmers guide. If
you're thinking of running a MOO, you've gotta read this. You can get it
(updated for version 1.7.9p2) at parcftp.xerox.com:/pub/MOO. Its in all
sorts of formats.

Second, read the MOO-cows FAQ. Its on the web exclusivly now. I don't
remember the URL (sorry), but it was just posted here a few days ago. The
URL is posted every month or if it changes.

Third, check out the MOO-cows archives. The WWW edition isn't entirely up
to date, but its cross indexed and searchable from Alta Vista. The URL is
http://shrike.depaul.edu/~abakun/moomail/. The plain text versions are
available from parcftp.xerox.com:/pub/MOO/mail.

Personally, I have always considered this list for MOO administrators who
are hacking the server, looking to do a rather complex job, etc., and not
a "How do I program in MOO" list. The best MOO to go to to learn how to
program is LambdaMOO (lambda.parc.xerox.com 8888), but the best way to
learn IMO is to set up your own and play.

I don't mean to be rude by this message, but it seems that of late, a
disturbing amount of mail on basic topics has flooded my mailbox, and I
thought that this message might be the best pointer for the newbies.

Joe