MOO-cows Mailing List Archive
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 14:10:35 PST
From: Kipp the Kidd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
OKey, I found that many people still want the core, so if anyone else is
interested in what I've done recently, here are the changes I made. E-mail
me if you want the core. the mail system will be ready for alpha6.
- Simple MOO distributing. Users may walk through an exit, without even
that they just switched MOOs. No client required. People on different MOOs
may send messages to eachother.
- MANY fighting bugs cleared up
- Fixed bug where some verbs would end up having :_wizard() instead of .wizard
- Exits in the room description may be enabled/disabled.
- Gods may toggle wether they're playing or not. Affects wether aggressive
monsters attack, and if food/drink matter. (toggle playing)
- Gods may .force <player> to do things. The output of the command is echoed
to the forceful god as well as the player.
- Bug with containers fixed.
- Rooms now have flags; INSIDE, OUTSIDE, PEACEFUL, NO_FLEE, NO_EXITS, DARK.
- Day/night system implemented. Weather comes soon.
- Rooms can either always be dark, or only when it's day time.
- ROOT's first login now asks things such as MOO name, address, port, etc.
- The 'playing' flag now gives gods better observational power.
When playing is off, gods can see room or enemy flags, and are not affected
by dark rooms or enemies.
- Added copyright notice. (sez me lawyer)
- Fixed bug where nighttime dark rooms displayed 2 descriptions.
- Fixed bug where ROOT's login occasionally wouldn't ask MOO things upon first
- Updated core to work with HEX codes -- specifically using encode_binary()
instead of raw strings.
- Added a few immortal's informational verbs such as .cia, seniority, .age,
.look, .show, .sweep and .find
- Players only need to enter their password once per distributed host MOO, per
- Completely rewrote wielding and wearing methods. inventory and equipment
are stored seperately (as are the commands 'i*nventory' and 'eq*uipment')
YOU MUST READ 'help rpg' to see the things you must do differently to
create weapons and equipment.
- $enemy:look_self uses expanded format, like $room, when toggled ON.
- Added a 'godlist' command.
- Added '.weapon' command to toggle equipment's weapon flag, and added
'.peace' '.dark' '.inside' and '.outside' for modifying room flags.
- Added '.rename-exit .rexit' for renaming exits.
- Changed checkpoint message to be more informational and less goofy.
- Added a hack to bf_set_verb_code, that changes all .props to :_props()
- Added line-at-a-time code to the beginning of the login screen... it
seems to be clearing up all the problems that 1.8.0 caused
(and 1.7.9p2 didn't) *** WHEE!!!
- Reorganized most of the properties on $rpg
- Modified the attack code to work with multi-weilding
- Coins now have weight
- All offensive words spoken in the main room are converted to offensive
politician's names. (this is a joke, OK? I don't necessairily
hate theese people... it was Scott Adams' suggestion :))
- Help logs all failed help attempts... This will remain until I finish
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/CC d- s+:- a16 C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E-? W+ !N--@ !o-- K->K++++++
w++(--) O- M-- V--? PS++(+) PE(--) Y+ PGP-? t+ 5(+) X++ R+++(*)
!tv b+ DI++++ D++++ G e* h!()(*) r+ !y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
-----BEGIN NOT SO GEEKY BLOCK-----
Breakthrough MOO project: paradigm.microwave.com 5000
MOO2000: moo.microwave.com 2000
MundoHispano: europa.syr.edu 8888
------END NOT SO GEEKY BLOCK------
Subject Index |