RE: prompts

I wrote a built-in some time back, called do_prompt()

Basically, it was called AFTER the players input text was processed, even if that text was blank (ie, player pressed <ENTER> only).

Perhaps somebody has it on archive.  I wrote it around the same time as the chr() and asc() patches.  If you don't find it, shout and I'll hunt it down.