Re: anonymity in moos

"Seth I. Rich" <sir@po.cwru.edu> writes:

>If you've got abusive users, DEAL WITH THEM.
>One really sucky trend on MOOs these days is to look at abusive users and say,
>"Gee, we've got abusive users.  Perhaps I should reconsider redefining all my
>rules and providing a mechanism by which we could resolve the issues raised..."
>when the correct (IMO) thing to do is go "Oh, you're an asshole?  Ok, bye." and
>promptly @toad the jackass.

Yes; we avoided doing this at Id... and we were wrong.
I was hoping people would work it out.  But no... and
judicious @toading of a couple of people fixed it!

I'd strongly vote AGAINST readable email addresses for this reason.

    /t

Tom Ritchford     tom@mvision.com, tom@weirdos.com

Verge's "Little Idiot" -- Music for the mentally peculiar.
1-800-WEIRDOS           http://www.fly.net/~verge