Re: Server patch levels...

> "Junkie's 'R' Us" writes:
> > May 20 21:48:10: *** READ_DB_FILE: Unknown DB version number: 4
> >
> > 	So...now we can't even revert back to our old server.  Um, does
> > anyone know HOW this can be achived, IF there's a way to do this?
>
> You can't go back; the database format version number is there precisely to
> mark incompatible changes.  I recommend that you try to figure out why p5 is
> losing for you.  For example, take a backup copy of your database dumped by p2
> and run it in side-by-side comparison on both p2 and p5.  If you can measure a
> difference in this kind of a single-variable test, then the trick is to try to
> figure out what part of the system is causing the problem, usually by
> eliminating one background task from each system over and again until the
> difference goes away.
>
> Good luck,
> 	Pavel

	Well, it seems we got SOME of the lag to go away, though it's still
a little sluggish.  What I did when I upgraded from patch level 2 to 4
was change the FUP functions to be loaded as an extension.  As a test, I
went ahead and recompiled with the FUP installed normally (the old way),
and lag dropped considerably.  Now, the question is, where does the
fault sit?  Is it FUP's extension that's slowwing the process down, or is
the extension module still in its BETA process?

	Anyone?

	Junkie's 'R' Us