Re: FUP ate my db

>I fail to reproduce this. Admittedly, filereading directories gives erratic
>results, but in our experience it never caused panics.
>What machine type are you using? What OS?

SunOS 4.1.3, server p4, I think.

>What are the (relevant) contents of #235:more ?

The line that did it was a fairly simple

	player:tell_lines(fileread(path, ""));

...(path, "") because I'm putting the entire path as a single string.

>Let me just remind you that FUP was developed on SunOS, and that the
>developers take no responsibility for the results of using it, or stopping
>to use it, as described in the copyright.
>Reports about OS incompatibilities are welcome, as long as they include
>enough information to make sense of them.

Of course; I mean no criticism of the people who wrote FUP, which is an
immensely useful patch. I'm just warning people that there's a potential trap
here. I lost all work up to the previous checkpoint. Luckily, I was the only
person logged in, and everything I'd done was saved to my scrollback buffer,
but you can imagine cases where this would be disastrous.

--
   If you're up against someone more intelligent than you are, do something