Re: Cease and Desist!

>   Has anyone here any thoughts or experience with this issue? If your
> players decide to name their rooms "Microsoft" or "Coca-Cola," can those
> companies legitimately force you to cease and desist?

Wow, hadn't thought of that one. I guess if the room is browsable via the net, then
there isn't much you can do but heed this guy's warning. If it affects his legitimate
customers reaching his web page, then I guess he has rights. He'll find a lawyer
to fight the case if he has to, I bet there are thousands of sweaty rookie
lawyers itching to cut their teeth on a net case.

But, I guess removing the capitalisation will help - calling the room
'the mystical crossroads' - no capitalisation, will lessen his claim. He picked a
name that might occur elsewhere, so there isn't much he can do..
'the mystic crossroads' is even better...

Alternatively, get the owner of the room to drop in a plug, or recognise the trademark.

Mike