Re: Cease and Desist!

Hmm, I think he'd have a difficult time getting a lawyer to take this on,
unless his company does something in the gaming industry. My understanding
of copywrited trademarks, particularly those that have literal meaning as
well, is that it only applies to areas in related fields to their products
and services. For example, Coca-Cola has a trademark on the name Coke, as
well as Coca-Cola. However, because coke has other literal meanings, as
well, Coca-Cola can't sue someone in the gaming industry for using the
word 'coke' in reference to (another) literal meaning.  There has to be
infringement or the possibility of confusion of product for there to be a
case. And in this case, your reference has nothing to do with his company
or product, UNLESS he produces games or something, and what's more, it
sounds like this is just an area on your MOO, not a 'Title' of some sort.

Of course, check with a lawyer - I'm not an expert, just did a little
research into the subject a couple of years ago.

Trish