Re: [SERVER] memory leaks or MY MOO IS 8 TIMES BIGGER THAN IT USUALLY IS

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, ThwartedEfforts wrote:

> I'd just like to take a moment to say that I have not had any memory leak
> problems with 1.8.0pX and in fact, the process size stays much more constant
> than under 1.7.9.  As such, it would help if when you report that your moo
> is memory leaking, if you told us exactly what kind of things you MOO does.
> Heavy regexp use, FUP, any extra processing, non-standard forked tasks, etc.

I think I've noticed that almost all of the people with increased process
size have either used FUP or the regexp heavily. (Most being the former) As
said by (sorry, forget the name) creator of FUP, FUP uses regexp and has some
leaks...He said it'd be several weeks before a fixed version of FUP was
released. (Please correct if I'm wrong.)

> Is this memory leak thing just a bandwagon effect? Or perhaps people are
> actually taking a look at the process lists for once and realizing how much
> memory a MOO normally takes up. :)

Nah, when you've seen you're MOO using 20% of the system's mem, and
suddenly it's up to 30% and still growing... then when ya restart it goes
back to normal...sounds like a leak to me.