Re: Too Many Verb Calls

> > On my MOO, I have a combat system.  Now, the combat system calls alot of
> > verbs for each round of the fight, and after about 20 rounds, I get a
> > traceback, with the error 'Too many verb calls'.  Is there any way to
> > stop this?
>
> Don't make that many verb calls. :) Really though, I've programmed combat
> many moons myself and unless I get myself into a infinite loop, I never
> get that error. Try to merge as many verbs as possible.

You could always increase the number of recursive verb calls by changing
the value of MAX_VERB_DEPTH in options.h but I wouldn't recommend setting
this number too high because it will cause more lag if someone accidently
makes an infinite loop.

 *       Don Schwarz <darkowl@tezcat.com>          *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *        http://www.tezcat.com/~darkowl           * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * ->Come to EnigMOO!! (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *    Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO,  Clam_Boy @ AquaMOO,     ***************************
 *   Dark_Owl @ EnigMOO, LambdaMOO, PizzaMOO, OutlawMOO, MOO2000, NovaMOO    *
 *            PMC-MOO, OutlawMOO, RiverMOO, KingdomMOO, ErasMOO              *