Re: Too Many Verb Calls

On Thu, 24 Aug 1995 david@castle.net wrote:

> On my MOO, I have a combat system.  Now, the combat system calls alot of
> verbs for each round of the fight, and after about 20 rounds, I get a
> traceback, with the error 'Too many verb calls'.  Is there any way to
> stop this?

Yes.

Edit the file options.h, and change the line '#define MAX_VERB_DEPTH 50'
to whatever you require.

However, you are getting this error because of either bad programming
logic, or an accidental recursion.  I'd recommend leaving it to 50, and
fixing your code.

Regards,

Ian.

| Ian Macintosh         | P.O. Box 24-036 | Anything really worth    |
| General Manager       | Royal Oak       | doing, is worth doing    |
| Sytek New Zealand Ltd | Auckland 1      | badly.     - Duncan Shaw |