RE: Use for $call_verb

The idea would be that a verb call: foo:bar(args) would attempt to call
#0:call_verb(foo, "bar", {@args}) before making the call by itself.  If the
verb on #0 did not exist (or was -x), it would proceed with the call
normally,
if the the built-in raised an error, that would be passed on to the calling
program, otherwise, the server would pass back whatever call_verb returned
the caller.

If NO type checking were done in advance of call_verb, it would be possible
do something like this:

{2,1,4,3}:sort();
<<<<<

There's something already like this in the works, though not quite as
extensive as having a hook on #0 for all verb calls (something I think
you'll find the majority of us don't like the idea of).  They're called
"frobs"

Though actually I wouldn't mind having a hook for doing this on lists or
strings.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index