Re: NFS, multiple ports

> Is it possible to run a MOO using an NFS type arrangement and multiple
> hosts to distribute CPU time?  I can think of several problems now trying
> to have several servers operate on the same database.  Has there been any
> attempt to do this, successful or not?  Does anybody have any thoughts on
> the matter?

If you're running linux, there is a useful utility called pvm (parallel
virtual machine) which will allow distribution of a process over several
hosts. NFS is probably the easiest way around needing to have every file
on every machine. It is available at Sunsite as pvm-3.3.5.tar.gz  in
/pub/Linux/system/Network/distrib/  (I think). Hope this helps.

Seizure, Ed.