MOO-cows Mailing List Archive
Corrupt Database (Answer)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 08:00:08 PDT
From: email@example.com (Fozzie)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Well, needless to say, I believe I have found the problem. I had
fergotten about one of the greatest text editors in the Solaris system,
that's right, textedit. It took the 18Meg file and loaded it with out
any problem. As I searched for the verb that appeared to give me trouble
(#6885:0), I found that line 10 contained some cross reference into
itself (or one of the other MOO db's) Well, it suffices to say that the
information from that point on is lost.
It appears that the problem itself was not a MOO related problem, but
instead a file system problem. Oh well, that's what back-ups are for.
Eric Derbyshire (blaming Solaris for this mess)
Subject Index |