Re: welcome_message

Some clients, such as TinyFugue, and others, have the abilty to silence
the login script.  I use the "/silent" command with my tinyfugue as part
of my .tf script to log on, so I never see _most_ login scripts.  Perhaps
your party was using a client were the login script was surpressed?

Keith

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995, Roger Weeks wrote:

> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 22:43:34 PDT
> From: Roger Weeks <digital@bayarea.net>
> To: moo-cows@parc.xerox.com
> Subject: welcome_message
>
> I've got an interesting problem.  I've had the MacMOO server running
> successfully on my Quadra 650 for a few weeks now, with the
> LambdaCore1Oct94 db.
>
> This evening, someone logged on and did not see the
> $login.welcome_message.  They informed me they could log on, and all the
> commands worked, ie. @who, COnnect, etc... but no welcome message.
>
> So I checked, and $login.welcome_message is still there, all 14 lines.
> No one can see it, however.  Just for grins and giggles, I @set
> $login.welcome_message to {}, then recreated the login message.
>
> Same problem.  No one can see it.
>
> Any ideas?  Please send private email.  Thanks!
>
> Roger
>
> --
> Roger Weeks                          Eightynine Records
>       "Did you come here to play Jesus? I did..."
> digital@bayarea.net     http://www.bayarea.net/~digital

| I have heard the mermaids singing  |   Keith Weston, WUNC Radio, 91.5 FM  |
| each to each; I do not think they  0    "Your NPR Station"  919-966-5454  |
| will sing to me -- T.S. Eliot      |       http://www.io.com/~jkweston    |