Re: How to bing the $registration_db up to date?

> Well, I'd say that being able to load the $registration_db would be a good
> thing... there is no reason you'd need to clear the entire db first, just
> find and insert all the elements, making sure email addresses point to the
> correct objects... keep the comments (of course, if you don't allow second
> characters, this wouldn't be a problem).

This would probably work.  (I see we did something like this on OpalMOO a few
years ago.)  Prolly this should go in a FAQ; newbie wizards always set the
.email_address property. :-)

> Mmh... the value of the comments is questional also, I mean, is there a MOO
> besides Lambda where you actually NEED to know what's up with people having
> the same email? :)

Well, hm.  I suppose it would be useful to know, when sir@po.cwru.edu applies
for his sixth character, whether he's a MOOicide freak or just keeps getting
characters and letting them idle out.

Seth
Seth I. Rich
Woo, woo!  OpalMOO's back!       There is nothing more precious than
Rabbits on walls, no problem.    a tear of true repentance.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index