Re: Strange Anomalies (continued)

On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Peter Bates wrote:

> All the files are moved from my account to the account parky,
> and then I try ./restart park (or ./restart park 8888)... and I get...
>
> Nothing.

Are you absolutely sure you moved the exectuable do the same directory as
the restart script (or have a soft link to the executable's location)?
The only time a similar thing happened to me was when I moved everything
_but_ "moo" and upon trying to restart I got nothing, as you describe.

And of course, the other possibility is that you've got something already
listening on that port (either 7777 or whatever you specify) -- for
instance, a previous instantiation of your MOO ...

Colin/Snowfall