Re: Pueblo and Java.

I guess as long as theres MOOs out there, theres going to be AOL/IRCers
out there that for some reason feel that its thier responsiblity to be
personally responsible for all the acts in progress to censor the internet.
The only thing that can really be done about it is, like you said,
regulate who (or what ;) has the permissions to send multimedia stuff.
But as you also said that defeats the whole purpose of MOO.  Actually
IMHO the whole concept of 'multiMOOdia' defeats the concept of MOO.  I
mean, think about it, what IS moo? MOO was designed as a low bandwidth
collaboration thingamajigger, back when graphical stuff was hard to come
by.  Its kind of like books, some of the greatest literature out there
was written without any pictures, now what have we got?  The novelization
of 'congo' (not..mind you the actual book the movie was based on..but the
novelization..including pictures)...how many of the books on the top
seller list have pictures in them?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against sprucing things up, adding graphics
and sound, it just sound slike it :)
I think as long as we have the rights to free speach, and written word,
and the rights to view and present smut to the public, theres gona be
perverts out there excercising the right.  (not too different from that
guy who sat behind you in Mr. Johnsons health class whos only purpose in
life was to annoy the hell out of you.)
I think what MAY somewhat solve the problem is, instant @toading of
anyone who goes against the guidelines.  Sure thers gonna be
complaints..but after all whos MOO is it??  Surely not some
AOL/IRC/MUDder who needs to go around slinging smut to show how 'cool'
he/she/it is.  It's your moo, just put your foot down ;)

The opinions expressed here-in are not to be rebroadcasted without the
expressed written consent ofthe NFL on NBC.
slartibartfast