[LPMOO] checkpoint caused fatal crash?

Evening all..

I was MOOing away happily this evening, after having restarted the
server for various reasons, and after an hour it tried to checkpoint.
Somewhere along the line, the damn thing crashed badly, wiped its
dgd.db (when I looked, it was zero bytes), and now refuses to restart.
 I copied teh dgd.db.old back over the top of dgd.db, but it doesn't
like it, and I am unable to bring the MOO back up.  It seems to fail
when it tries to read in the database, but I'm not getting anything
useful in the logs.

Any suggestions?

Skud

(ps: thanks to those who helped me out with that radio channel
broadcast question -- I fixed it, but may lose it now :( )