Re: Request for LambdaMOO 1.8.0

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Rich Connamacher wrote:

> I have a request for something to be put into the final release of
> LambdaMOO 1.8.0: allow verb names in builtin functions to be numbers,
> rather than strings.  If they're numbers, then they'll ALWAYS be
> interpreted as the verb's number, rather than the verb's name.

I thought the idea was not to name verbs as numbers.  I don't see any
reason that you'd have to name a verb as a number without being able to
put a _ or something in front of it.  Maybe we should just make it so
verbs can never be named after numbers.  The only place in the LambdaCore
that I can think of, off hand, where there is a verb named as a number is
$code_utils:1 which is used by $code_utils:eval_d but I don't see any
problem with renaming this verb.

 *         Don Schwarz <darkowl@mcs.net>           *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *          http://www.mcs.net/~darkowl            * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * -->Come to EnigMOO  (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *     Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO, ForestMOO, MOOnShine    ***************************
 *  Dark_Owl @ everymoo   "Don't eat that, the spiders haven't hatched yet." *