Re: MOO for PCs? -Reply

Greetings and salutations.  I would like to experiment with the
DOSMOO stuff as well.  I d/l-ed the zip file and tried to kick it
into gear and things got weird.  I don't have linux as of yet (try
not to kick sand at the newbie scum) and would like to try my hand at
starting up a MOO.  I am limited to using DOS/Windows stuff at work
and home until I can get a bigger HD to put linux on (and that is a
year or so in the offing).   Any suggestions to get this up and
running would be highly appreciated.

0bsidian wanderer

0bsidian@BayMOO, EdenMOO, LambdaMOO
Tribe@OnlineToday.com
0bsidian@dcccd.edu
^that's a zero :-)

Entry at prompt...

C:\MOO>msdosmoo.exe input-db dump-db

the response was this...

STARTING: Version 1.7.8p4 of LambdaMOO server
          (Using single-user protocol)
          (Task timeouts measured in wall-clock seconds.)
*** Cannot open database file: input-db

here are the entire contents of the directory where I unzipped it
(including the zipped file):

Directory of C:\MOO
.                         <DIR>
..                        <DIR>
MSDOSMOO   ZIP               150296
README     1ST                  769
MSDOSMOO   EXE               213817
MSDOSMOO   DOC                  438
MINIMAL    DB                   334
README     MIN                 2892
CHANGELO   TXT                44556
          9 file(s)        413102 bytes
                           210944 bytes free

>>> stacy.l.goodman <stacy.l.goodman@ac.com>  12/15/95, 04:34am >>>
On 12/14/95 Brian Robke wrote:

>since I don't have Unix or Linux on my computer, I can't. So I'm
just  wondering if there
>is a MOO that can run on a PC, and if so, where can I find it?
Thanks in
>advance.

Yes, there is a DOS MOO available at:
FTP://freak.org/pub/msdosmoo/msdosmoo.zip
I haven't tested it, so I can't vouch for if it works or not, so if
you try it  out let me know!

Chimera   (stacy.l.goodman@ac.com    or    chim@mcs.com)