Re: MS-DOS MOO

I understand, sympathise, and disagree.

I went Microsoft free a little over 4 years ago, both professionally (I'm a
contract programmer) and personally.  I estimate that this decision has cost me on
the order of $5,000 - $8,000 in lost or non-renewed contracts in that time.  Its
possible it could be as high as $12,000.  I don't regret the decision at all.
Being able to live with my conscience is more valuable.

> That's a bit harsh.  There are different types of users...the
> MAINSTREAM users do and must use Windows/DOS at work, home, or
> whereever because they must remain compatible.
>
> Some people can isolate themselves or at least distance themselves
> from outside influences and can run Linux on their home machines all
> they want.  However, that is not the mainstream and probably never
> will be.  So the next step is to find something for PLAY that will
> run on the same machine they need for WORK.
>
> I have setup Linux and enjoy it greatly...however, I do not have a
> machine at home that I can devote solely to Linux.
>
> Them's the breaks.  Don't be so harsh.
>
> > Are you people really so desperate to support a vulturous, evil monopoly
> > that you refuse to even consider using the one and only totally free,
> > PC-compatible, 32-bit, true pre-emptive multitasking multiuser rock-stable
> > industry-standard operating system?

----------(*)                              Internet: coder@ibm.net

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index