Re: HTTP/1.0 Authentication

> Hi,
>
>         Did anyone of you out there implement HTTP's Basic Authentication
> scheme in MOO object ?

BayWeb does, via a builtin function to decode the base64 encoded
username:password string.  I'm going to be releasing a version of BayWeb
for public ftp Real Soon Now, once I can finish up one last function, get
it running on Bay, and write up some documentation.

If you want to impliment it yourself, just get a uudecode() builtin
function, and uudecode the Authorization string, which is then of the form:

login ":" password

where login is the username and password is the password.

If you want more info on how basic authentication is handled, check out the
HTTP 1.0 spec at http://w3.org/.

You'll probably get several offers for uudecode code, but if you want mine,
mail me and I'll send it to you.  Any will work, as long as it can decode a
long enough string and won't try to pass back 0x00 or 0x0A.

Phantom

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index