Re: ethics discussion

I personally *strongly* feel that the only "code of conduct" that
should apply is to avoid false pretense, e.g. don't claim mail is to
be kept private if it isn't (this also falls under the heading of the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act).  Beyond that, the ONLY law
that applies is that whomever provides the resources control the use.
If I donate CPU time to run a MOO, I expect that MOO to be run under
conditions that I approve of.  I *did* once run a MOO actively.  I
closed it down when I found one of the wizards had been violating
those conditions by entering back doors into the system.  I was very
bitter about this, and I still am.

	-hpa
--
PGP public key available - finger hpa@terminus.storm.net
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."  --  Bahá'u'lláh